Welcome to the Registration Page for the 2018-2019 National Science Bee!
Registration is now open, and here is how it works!
1. Here is a link to access the form that is used to create an International Academic Competitions Sponsor Profile. This form should be filled out by a parent, teacher, administrator, homeschool coordinator, or other adult who will be responsible for overseeing the participation of a student or group of students who will be competing in the National Science Bee this academic year. You must create a Sponsor Profile before you can register for the different stages of the Bee.
2. Under your Sponsor Profile page, please complete the Initial Registration which is free of charge. This will let us know to send you updates over the course of the year, and send you the optional materials for an intramural Science Bee if your school or homeschool association is interested in conducting one (which is NOT required).
The deadline for the Initial Registration is Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
3. Beginning on November 1, on your Sponsor Profile page, you can then register students for the Online Regional Qualifying Exam (ORQE). Students must take the ORQE between Monday, January 7 and Friday, January 25, 2019.
4. Registration for the National History Bee Regional Finals will open in late January in the Sponsor Profile page and will be based on student scores on the Online Regional Qualifying Exam. Students who qualify for the Regional Finals will be notified through their sponsors from January 28-31. If registration does not fill for a particular region, then additional students may be notified during the first two weeks of February. Registration for the Regional Finals will run through the first two weeks of February, though certain Regional Finals locations may fill prior to that, and IAC reserves the right to keep registration open longer beyond the first two weeks of February for certain tournament locations that have not yet reached their field cap.
5. Registration for the National Championships will open in mid-February 2019 in the Sponsor Profile page after the first Regional Finals are held. Registration for the National Championships will be done in two stages, with a certain number of students allowed to register for the National Championships immediately after each regional tournament, and a certain number of students placed on a waiting list, and then allowed to register if space is still available at a later date.
For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org